memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
« prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  next »   post reply
index « biological « All Things Podular

posted : 2004.Nov.13 @ 7.49am

::::::::::::::::::jetpods::::::::::::::::::

posted : 2004.Nov.17 @ 3.01pm
If this isn't Pod then I'm outta here.

>>> Image Gallery This Way <<<

posted : 2004.Nov.23 @ 11.49am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (Reuters) - A pod of dolphins circled protectively round a group of New Zealand swimmers to fend off an attack by a great white shark, media reported on Tuesday.

Lifesavers Rob Howes, his 15-year-old daughter Niccy, Karina Cooper and Helen Slade were swimming 300 feet off Ocean Beach near Whangarei on New Zealand's North Island when the dolphins herded them -- apparently to protect them from a shark.
"They started to herd us up, they pushed all four of us together by doing tight circles around us," Howes told the New Zealand Press Association (NZPA).
Howes tried to drift away from the group, but two of the bigger dolphins herded him back just as he spotted a nine-foot great white shark swimming toward the group.
"I just recoiled. It was only about 2 meters away from me, the water was crystal clear and it was as clear as the nose on my face," Howes said, referring to a distance of six feet.
"They had corralled us up to protect us," he said.
The lifesavers spent the next 40 minutes surrounded by the dolphins before they could safely swim back to shore. The incident happened on October 30, but the lifesavers kept the story to themselves until now.
Environment group Orca Research said dolphins attacked sharks to protect themselves and their young, so their actions in protecting the lifesavers was understandable.
"They could have sensed the danger to the swimmers and taken action to protect them," Orca's Ingrid Visser told NZPA.

posted : 2004.Nov.23 @ 6.59pm
To quote the hitchiker's guide:

"Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much... the wheel, New York, wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely the dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons."
-Douglas Adams

posted : 2004.Dec.02 @ 5.46pm

"Laserpod uses the latest in laser,

LED and crystal optics, and brings science and nature together

to create ever changing organic light forms of profound beauty."

CLICK IMAGE FOR LINK 

posted : 2004.Dec.03 @ 10.57am

posted : 2004.Dec.18 @ 3.34pm

posted : 2005.Jan.02 @ 1.46am
We experienced this Floating Bed at the Sea of Dreams NYE party.
It was amazingly comfy and relaxing. I want one! Very Happy

posted : 2005.Apr.04 @ 11.10am

posted : 2005.Apr.25 @ 4.59am
ang that bed looks great.. i've posted this in optical but it surely belongs here as well.

BigPod little Pods.

posted : 2005.Apr.28 @ 11.02pm
My guitar effector, POD from Line 6.

posted : 2005.May.11 @ 11.14pm

posted : 2005.May.26 @ 7.45am

« prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  next »   post reply
phpBB