memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
1, 2, 3  next »   post reply
index « optical « Designwerkz

posted : 2005.May.02 @ 8.06am

Let the designy bits come forth!

Fora cells St. Even and Delvin have a visionary art project that I was lucky enough
to be a part of. This is the back to a Galactik Trading Card that will have one of St. Even's
digital pieces on the other side. The Free Agent icon and the alien symbols near the title and
text were done by Xavi and the Divine Reflections logo is Even's. I used an upside down sunset
pic for the background and made the mandalas out of OM symbols. This was a fun one to work on.

For more on this project and its' larger message visit elfintome.com

... and I'll cross post this one in here.

posted : 2005.May.02 @ 11.03am
Lay down these words
Before your mind like rocks.
          placed solid, by hands
In choice of place, set
Before the body of the mind
          in space and time:
Solidity of bark, leaf, or wall
          riprap of things:
Cobble of milky way.
          straying planets
The worlds like an endless
          four-dimensional
Game of Go.
          ants and pebbles
In the thin loam, each rock a word
          a creek-washed stone
Granite: ingrained
          with torment of fire and weight
Crystal and sediment linked hot
          all change, in thoughts,
As well as things.

- gary snyder

podnessness
revealed as a key to the keywhole

air designs
free flowing delivery
of a splendoring future

deeply honored and inspired
to be helping to align
the global potential
of the pod metamythology

i bow low

posted : 2005.May.04 @ 2.39pm
cards just went to press!!!

man do they ever look PHAT!

thank you so much senior air for the wicked throwdown.

i'll be droppin' the front cover to this wicked piece
shortly after the official release
at the interdimensional art show

deepest respect
even

posted : 2005.May.05 @ 1.15am
Here's a pre-release tag for the pod ::

>> Divine Reflections
Hopefully functional soon, but for now just a splash page.

even

posted : 2005.May.25 @ 9.01am
OMG St. Even, are those digital? You said something about not having your chops in Photoshop so I'm assuming these are analog, right? Amazing work man. Wanna put up a brief tutorial? I'm sure the Pod would be mezmerized (and I KNOW I spelled that wrong)...

Fog.

posted : 2005.Jun.09 @ 5.06pm
Thanks for the props fog; the pieces are a combination of my skills...

photography has been a passion for a long while, and each of the subjects is a real person.
photoshop has been my playground for mirroring and making trippy but basic pieces for a while,
and i started painting towards the end of last summer which is where the fractally yummyness comes into play. there's a basic tutorial on the website under 'process' but here's a few more details for the pod on how the pieces are combined in photoshop...

paintings are done by mixing paint on tile while it's wet. I move it around, photographing the multiple pieces during the process. load it into photoshop, tweak the colours a little and it's ready to go...

once the painting has been mirrored (copy, flip horizontal, layer mode:lighten) i try to find a sweet spot where the image looks good. sometimes I do this with the face in mind, but more often than not I'm just looking for some interesting patterns.

sometimes i'll add another painting, or some other imagery at this point, but more often than not i look for someone in my bank of photos, trying to find the photo with the right energy. what's been really interesting is making paintings with a specific person in mind, especially working with musicians and making the painting and the piece while listening to their music.

when i have a painting and a photo in mind I align the centre of the painting with the centre of the person, and then make multiple copies of each set. I'll often wipe out the background from the portrait so I can throw something more interesting in later.

The multiple layers (usually two or three of each) are usually set to "layer mode: soft light" which I find blends the layers nicely when dealing with a whole number of them. i'll also use overlay, but if i do it usually requires dropping the opacity of that layer. i tend try to use almost too many layers, and then go back and erase out sections where it's too much, because some portions of the image saturate before others. <-- this is a pretty usefull technique I've found for blending two images together; much better than dropping the opacity of the top one, but my pieces are abstract so it may not work if you're looking to keep the colour.

then i drop in backgrounds, some sacred imagery, and lately i've been playing with adding other layers set to overlay or multiply and painting in some lighting details ala the tutorial air gave in the forum. gives the new pieces a much more three dimensional feel.

that's the basic process. I'm in NYC right now for the ambient alchemy show, but when I'm home in July I'll try to post a .psd of the layers that gives you a better idea.

thanks for the support; it's great to get the feedback because the pieces are so new and i'm saturated with them.

podlove
even
www.divinereflections.ca

posted : 2005.Jun.09 @ 8.24pm
Your Art is some wicked ass (pardon my Russian Embarassed ) shit, st.even! It took me a while to get it right (though I appreciated artistic effort from the get go) and I must say :

it's great and unique, it's multi-media oriented and very progressive; its not simply nicely collaged imagery - it's your expressionism and impressionism put together in the swirls of your creative energy. I can only say, that I suddenly thought "E" when I looked at one of the pieces. I have no doubts that one can find any level of depth in your Art - it's only a matter of one's awareness and imagination... Deep respect Deep respect Deep respect

wait till i free $60 for a print to take it with me to Thailand!!! Laughing

posted : 2005.Jun.12 @ 2.20pm
Thanks st.even for the excellent explain. Have you seen the space art (nebulae and whatnot) done on glass with a 1,000,000 volt electric arc? Lemme look for the link...

Found it...

posted : 2005.Jun.14 @ 4.02pm
I just finished some cd packaging design for >> Native State Records
Left Coast Liquid Vol. 1 is the first compilation for this label. They are a good group
of guys with some otherworldly sonic goodness to share with the planet. Lots to listen to on their site.
>> See Entire Design

posted : 2005.Jun.14 @ 9.16pm
Excellent design man. I love the anenome arms in there... very cool and flowing design.

I just ordered two CD's off the site. Great tuneage.

Thanks Air.

Fog.

posted : 2005.Jun.16 @ 2.57pm
fog, that's wicked; I hadn't every seen it before, but as you probably guessed I'm very into process based art...

dmaniac, thanks for the props. I'm psyched for all the support I can get these days because I'm saving for a new camera, which will enable a whole new level... Still I could definately cut you a podeal, especially something like a 2 for 1. message me...

air, a masterpiece as always Smile I really dig the energy of your work...

psyched with this design evolution!

even

posted : 2005.Jun.16 @ 10.29pm
Can you imagine holding a staff with a million volts coming out of the end to make art on glass? I wanna pull the plug on my 220v dryer and start rubbing it on the windows..

Fog.

posted : 2005.Jun.20 @ 7.37pm
Air- Soothing marine motif, I like how you incorporated one of your mandala patterns like a moon jellyfish. I am particularly interested in how you created the fractallized diatom graphic. Did you create the action in photoshop or are you using another program Question Gorgeous layout.

1, 2, 3  next »   post reply
phpBB