memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
« prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  next »   post reply
index « optical « photo » Landscapes anyone?

posted : 2005.Jun.30 @ 10.31am
Marc that shot is great man. Cheers
I'm wondering how it would look with a smidgeon more foreground.

posted : 2005.Jul.06 @ 9.28am

posted : 2005.Jul.10 @ 8.37am
nori: Shocked
becky: i really like that last shot, my kinda colour! Wink

evening over the lake:

posted : 2005.Jul.10 @ 12.42pm
Ahh the magical hour. Totally dig the 3rd and 4th pics mark.

Awesomeness++

posted : 2005.Jul.10 @ 5.31pm
Ye Gods Mark,

Do you shoot film and then scan? Those are so CREAMY.

Deep respect

Fog.

posted : 2005.Jul.11 @ 12.33am
tl, yeah my favourite time of the day.

fog, on occasion yes, mostly digital though, which these are. However, you have just reminded me.. i have a couple of good film shots to post up, i must find them.

posted : 2005.Jul.12 @ 2.28am
More long exposure night shots, the orange in the colour shots is from streetlights.

posted : 2005.Jul.12 @ 4.05am
CRW_3304c.jpg is great. The color combo's you get are so subtle and smooth. Do you remember what your setup and settings were for that one?

Fog.

posted : 2005.Jul.12 @ 4.12am
Not exactly but as it was one of the first shots the exposure would be about 2-3 minutes, at f11 or maybe even f22 and iso 100. The orange is stronger in the rest as the light was fading fast.

posted : 2005.Jul.12 @ 7.30am
mark how are you able to see to focus in the foreground? everytime i try to take shots at night i cant see anything to focus on if its not infinity...?

posted : 2005.Jul.12 @ 7.42am
Becky the simple answer is I can't. There are a few tricks you can do to help.

Get a lens with focal distance markings on the barrel so you can estimate where your focus point is.

If you are using a digital camera whack up your iso to 1600, guess your focus point and open up the aperture, this will give you a shot that is quicker to take and when reviewed on screen will show you where your focus is, so you can adjust accordingly and retake the shot

Luckily I'm not bothered about having really long exposures, so i can stop right down to at least f11 or up to f22 to get the maximum Depth of Field. I will usually focus at about 3-5m away and the DOF will go from infinity to within a foot or so of the camera.

I've written a bit more about Depth of Field here

If you want some more info feel free to pm me.

posted : 2005.Jul.14 @ 5.52am
a few more landscapes for everyone:

posted : 2005.Jul.14 @ 6.40am
Rockalicious. I've always found British geography something to behold. It seems everything from rural to urban is so accessible.

#3 = Awesome. They're all awesome, but that one is espeically awesome!

Those stones seem to fit into each other, were they part of something beforehand (last pic), or were they placed there?

« prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  next »   post reply
phpBB