memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
« prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  next »   post reply
index « nectar « photo » Botanical Dreams

posted : 2005.May.10 @ 11.17pm
diggin' all these springtime shots!

air, what a throwdown!
foz, that first shot is YUM!
mello, sweet as always
and many more inspiring me to get out there and snap away!

posted : 2005.May.11 @ 3.20pm
Hello fellow pod-beings! Brand-spankin'-new cell here, just dropping in and saying 'Hi'. I hope to meet, converse and banter with the lots of you through the fora.

*images no longer hosted*

posted : 2005.May.11 @ 9.32pm
Welcome, Mike.
That's a tasty start.
Nice page, podlings!

posted : 2005.May.12 @ 11.11am
Agreed! Very refreshing images.

posted : 2005.May.12 @ 9.26pm
Great shots all. I love the water drops Scotty. Makes me wanna take a swim.

posted : 2005.May.14 @ 3.07pm
Thanks Fog...I'm liking the wet colours in your photo...just wanna eat it up. Smile

Here's a couple more quickies from after the rain. I'm really crying for a good macro lens these days...once I get the funds...I'm snatchin' one up. Wink

*images no longer hosted*

posted : 2005.May.14 @ 8.21pm
Scotty you don't need a macro lens man,.. those are great! I hadn't thought of B&W as a good macro application, but it really works.... especially the first one,.. really soft and yummy

Very cool.

posted : 2005.May.14 @ 8.57pm

My new desktop. Click Image for 1024x1280.

posted : 2005.May.15 @ 4.12pm
"Half of the earth is water; our body is three-quarters water. Water represents the interface between the 4th dimension in which we live and the 5th dimensional sphere of our soul. Many studies have shown subtle effects of healers upon hydrogen bonding and infrared absorption of water. None of these scientific studies can compare with the beauty and clear messages shown by Dr, Emoto's elegant work. The impact of thought and beauty has never before been demonstrated so well."

C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.

posted : 2005.May.15 @ 10.51pm
Beauty Behind Bars

*image no longer hosted*

posted : 2005.May.25 @ 12.18pm
scotty, air and mike, good stuff.

posted : 2005.May.25 @ 8.49pm
Exclamation

Mark, your colors are so vivid and alive!
Do you mess with the shooting paramaters (contrast/tone/sharpness/otheroption) on your Drebel/300D?
Or does a lot of color come just from the picture or post-processing?
I love a lot of your B 'n' W, but your color shots are wesome.

posted : 2005.May.26 @ 12.31am
Mike, thanks!

It's mostly post processing. I shoot raw which results in very flat photos and then work on the shots in PS. Shots like this one above, when I take the picture I know what i can do in PS to mimic the way in which certain films capture tone and contrast, or just how i can bring out the most from a shot. 20 years ago I'd have been a printer rather than a photographer.

Out of interest i don't know if anyone has tried it but the Fuji S3 DSLR has special film modes like "velvia" where the camera settings are supposed to mimic popular fuji films.

« prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  next »   post reply
phpBB