memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
« prev  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  next »   post reply
index « babble « Quotes

posted : 2005.Mar.15 @ 11.01pm
"Excess of sorrow laughs. Excess of joy weeps" - William Blake

"The taco is eternal" -Phong

posted : 2005.Mar.19 @ 10.10pm
clive staples lewis blows my mind for his quote quality

c. s. lewis:

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. "

"Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives."

"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. "

along the same lines as above

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair. "

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. "

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. "

my favorite:
"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

posted : 2005.Mar.21 @ 5.12am
"Good stuff Tom."
-Scotty

posted : 2005.Mar.28 @ 12.48am
"When we meet a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what book he reads."
A Fortune Cookie

posted : 2005.Mar.28 @ 8.27am
"Art is your fate. Don't debate."
A Fotune Cookie I got a long time ago.

posted : 2005.Apr.28 @ 1.19pm
"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality."

Bishop Desmond Tutu quotes (African spiritual leader and novelist, b.1931)

posted : 2005.May.03 @ 3.19am
"Life is nothing but a dream. That dream is alive. You are creating that dream and that dream working for you is pure magic."
Don Miguel Ruiz

posted : 2005.May.03 @ 9.15am
"Melodic and percussive metallophones played in a strange feel with steel hammers sounds way cooler than some kid obsessed with bodymods who complains and whines musically about a girl who doesn't like him playing all the time while at a loud volume." - Anonymous

posted : 2005.May.03 @ 2.09pm
" I'm late, I'm LATE!" -- The mad hatter.

"I love deadlines, especially the wooshing sound they make as they go past" -- Douglas Adams

umm can you tell i'm busy? Very Happy

posted : 2005.May.08 @ 4.26pm
"If evolution is outlawed....then only outlaws will evolve" ~ Unknown

posted : 2005.May.10 @ 6.29pm
"Tragedy + Time = Comedy"

posted : 2005.May.24 @ 1.05pm
"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it."

posted : 2005.Jun.16 @ 3.00pm
"if marriage is outlawed then only outlaws will have inlaws" ~ bathroom wall

« prev  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  next »   post reply
phpBB