memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
index « optical « Sedona

posted : 2004.Dec.16 @ 4.15pm
Here are some pictures from my trip to Sedona Arizona. It took me a while to post these because I was disappointed at how little justice they do to the magnificence of this place...But I've decided to go for it. If in the future you ever find yourself in the grand canyon area of Arizona, please take a day or 2 to experience Sedona. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

1) Ok so first of all, all the dirt is made of rich red clay, it rained the first couple of days so everything was covered in rich red mud...

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8) Sedona is famous for it's "vortexes". There are several sites throughout the area, people stack rocks where the energy is strongest... it's quite a site. This is smack in the middle of the cathedral rock vortex, when I walked into this clearing all the hair on my arms stood straight up.

9) love vortex

10) This picture is taken from inside a chapel built directly on top of one of the vortexes. I don't know how I feel about any religion claiming this phenomena for it's own, but the building was quite an architectural marvel. This pic from the panaramics thread was taken outside the chapel. Here's a pic I found with google of the chapel.

11) Crystals growing on the side of a rock...

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18) Bye Bye Very Happy

posted : 2004.Dec.17 @ 1.08am
That's an intersting looking building. I love shot number5.. great stuff.

posted : 2004.Dec.17 @ 8.58am
Rich red poetry wreathed in luscious green fluff.
Tasty. Yes, five is dope. Did you post it upside down?
The angle has me thinking I will float away Waking Life style.
Love this set. Can't wait to go there... soon.

posted : 2004.Dec.17 @ 9.06am
Thanks you guys Very Happy
yeah 5 is upside down. I had a blast with that puddle.
Air, make haste. I can't wait to see the shots you produce.

posted : 2004.Dec.17 @ 2.03pm
number 2 my eyes kept switching the foreground between the black and the brown.

phpBB