memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
« prev  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  next »   post reply
index « optical « photo » As the Sun Sets

posted : 2005.Jan.13 @ 10.11pm
Sandy you rule! That's the straight bomb!
What camera do you have?

posted : 2005.Jan.21 @ 2.32am

posted : 2005.Jan.21 @ 2.41am
I really like this one mr. melo. You captured a mood for which I have no words to describe.

posted : 2005.Jan.22 @ 2.33am
thanks Sahar Very Happy
I was going for something different. I go "flipper" every time I see a sunrise because it's so rare I'm up for it Wink

posted : 2005.Jan.27 @ 4.28am
I managed to find a little bit of sun this weekend gone:

shining

sinking

skulking

shaded

posted : 2005.Jan.27 @ 10.48am
they just get better and better!
How long have you been doing photography?

posted : 2005.Jan.28 @ 1.54am
Melo, thanks: I first started photography when I was 14, was really in to it for about 4 years then went to art school and for some reason dropped it to do design. To this day I have no idea why I didn't try for photgraphy at art school, i think i wasn't ready and unconciously knew it.

I picked up my camera again about 2 years ago, now at the ripe old age of 32 ithink i'm getting used to it. That and I now have a bit more patience!

posted : 2005.Jan.28 @ 6.08am
32? Youngster Wink
The fora has many well seasoned cells.

Mark, this last set is so beautiful. Sinking (CRW_1478.jpg) would make
a great print. I have no doubt that one day your book will be on my coffee table. Cheers

posted : 2005.Jan.28 @ 6.13am
Youngster? i hide it well! Thanks air, it's going on my list of images to print. I hope that I have a book to be on your coffee table and that all you "old masters" are still around when it finally gets published. Wink

posted : 2005.Jan.28 @ 12.08pm
a sunset from our roof top patio.

i really enjoy the diversity of age in this forum, i think its a blessing actually. experience from all angles. very dynamic. i'm 23, the reverse of 32. one day i'll be older.

hey i once met this lil ol' lady at art school. she hung out in the basement and made pottery. so much energy and good cheer from her. i thought she had just retired or something, as was the case with many of the older folks in the basement. it was only when the rest of the potters got together and made her a birthday cake that i found out her true age. She was 87 and still pounding on the river mud!! I couldn't believe it. there were a couple of cane leaners around that were younger. I asked her once what her secret is. she said she didn't know. I suspect it had something to do with her excellent attitude and constant activity.

a little side story. just to give you an idea of her youth. When she found out that i worked in a scrap yard from time to time, she assumed that i love cars. the opposite is true, but i couldn't tell her that. anyhow she told me that she has a red convertible MG. it was her late husband's. She asked me if i knew how to drive "four in the floor." to which i said "yes." she then followed it up with asking me if i would take her for a ride through the country side. I had to decline as i only drive in scrapyards and don't have a legal license to drive cars on the road. she was only disappointed for half a second.

posted : 2005.Jan.28 @ 12.31pm
that's an awesome story man. I was just thinking this morning on the way to work how encouraging the age diversity in here is.

posted : 2005.Jan.31 @ 10.46am

posted : 2005.Jan.31 @ 11.32am
Such luscious NoCal vibes! These are special captures, Phong.
I like everything about them. The first is so magical. Thank you.

« prev  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  next »   post reply
phpBB