memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
1, 2, 3  next »   post reply
index « biological « Questions

posted : 2004.Nov.09 @ 11.34am
hello to all. this is my first post. i have been reading and have a heavy respect for all that post here. AIR told me that he wants to grow biological so this is the first place i am posting.

it is a natural tendincy for people to brain dump to share info that someone might be able to use. i find that the most useful info i get is from questions i ask. usually when someone asks a question that shows they are ready for the answers. i would like to extend an invitation for people to ask biological questions on hands on healing, spirituality, meditation, child rearing, ect that have been bugging them. i dont expect to be able to answer all questions, but as a pod dweller will help piont to where answers are. in the future i too will use biological for answers from the pod collective.

posted : 2004.Nov.09 @ 12.03pm
Welcome to the fora organism. Nice of you to drop by.
You have offered up some great topics in tribal fashion.

Phong sat with me the first time I meditated and was a vocal guide.
Within minutes I was flying down a tunnel of fractals, later joy bubbled
up and it felt like my smile could warm the room. It was a departure from
anything I've ever experienced. Focusing on the breath, drawing in energy
with the inhale, releasing stress and worry on the exhale and finally reaching
a point where the inhale and exhale overlapped and my body felt like it was
breathing itself.

I would like to know a bit about your meditative practice. How often, fav techniques,
durations, goals, unexpected results. Suggestions for variation...

posted : 2004.Nov.09 @ 2.14pm
i find that experience is the best teacher, but "Meditation" by Eknath Easwaran is a great starting point. what i learned from this book, along with the timing of when i read it, changed my life. i have used a mantra found in this book for the past 16 years.

some of my favorite practices are participating in a Sweat Lodge, playing my Woodland Flute, and a technique called Breathing. all are very profound and volumes can be written on each. how often? not enough lately, but talking here about it is a great way to bring me back. one of the most unexpected results is that change comes so fast that it is overwhelming. i need to let change set for a while to let it take. meditation is intimidating for me lately. the truth can be hard to take sometimes.

the longest i meditate is an hour. i meditate to take control of the reins of my body and mind. as far as variations go, keep it simple. i know right away if something is going to work for me or not. i don't vary my meditation at all. where i go when i meditate is beyond the senses and the mind. i get what i need, and its not a boring place. i did not make this practice up. i stand on the shoulders of mystics and elders that can see pretty damn far.

tribal fashion? i dress like a dork.

posted : 2004.Nov.11 @ 9.48am
I've recently come to the realisation that I truly don't know who I am. I pretend I'm an open person. That I'm coming to know myself in a way most people don't get a chance to. In the past few days I've been smacked in the back of the head by the same thing over and over again.. by more than one source.. and that is fear and how to deal with it.

Someone was blunt with me yesterday. I don't think he realises quite how close he got with a simple statement. He said I was afraid. Of what, he didn't know.. that I would have to find out on my own. But that simple statement dug itself so deep, even as I was denying it, that I was forced to step back and take a long, honest look at myself.

I don't know who I am and I'm afraid to find out. I know it's something I've been searching for for a while, but the way I've been doing it has been wrong. I've been doing it in such a way that it looks as though I'm progressing when, in fact, I've been hiding. I've been using it as an excuse. "Oh, well, I'm being proactive in this.. so long as I continue doing a half-assed job of it, the answer will come to me and all will be bright and happy. Easy as pie!". Yeahh.. no. Now that I've had that topmost layer peeled back I'm forced to sit back and realise that, even though I thought I knew how to do this.. I don't.

I still feel deep within that I know.. but I have to question myself as to whether that is just my urge to hide or something I need to search for. I have a billion and one questions.. on how to proceed, what to do.. but any time I try to grasp one it's like they're covered in a thick viscous liquid and I can't grab hold. They slip away from me into nothingness and I'm left wanting and waiting. The only one that grabs hold is the desire to ask someone for help. Unfortunately, I don't know who to ask and I don't know what to ask so I've decided to try here first.

Help?

posted : 2004.Nov.11 @ 11.03am
thank you fro giving us the opportunity to flex our healing muscles and try to help you. answers can come from a sage, or from a passing statement like the one you described. helpful info can come to you from a rock formation or a sculpture. these are all mirrors to the answers that we all hold within. i would not pretend to have your answers, but i can help you find them on your own.

there are different practices that help strip away emotion/baggage that stand between your conscious self and your higher, all knowing self. transcendental meditation is a great tool. i donít know how much experience with tm you have. the object there is to travel out of your body and mind to commune with your higher self, and work to synchronize the three. you transcend to get to a state where you can observe yourself in an objective state. you can face truths without the confusion and restraints that your emotions use against you to keep you from change.

there is another great tool called a Breathing. in super short, it is a simple, safe, shamanic tool where you stress your body through hyperventilation. this opens a window to transient through. i wonít get into detail here. the pulpous of this exercise is to give yourself an emotions flush. it brings things you are suppressing to the surface. you laugh or cry it out, and you are left with pure catharsis. this is a great cleansing to do before heavy internal work. i would love to get a bunch of people together to do this exercise. let me know who is interested.

i have known people to do these things and many others to find their truth, and still they are unhappy. to be happy is a decision that we have to make. it is all of our responsibility as adults to life truthfully/happily.

posted : 2004.Nov.14 @ 9.53am
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with meditation nor do I know of anyone close to me to which I can go and learn proper technique. Since originally posting I've realised that something like this will take time and so I've been going through the motions of getting myself to realise I can't beat myself up about it. I'm a believer that things will happen when they are meant to.. so instead of going against the flow and allow depression to take over, I will just allow myself to relax and go with the flow (whilst being proactive)... Easier said than done, but it will be done regardless.

I've also found I've been searching amongst my friends for something recently and, while writing this, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a teacher I'm searching for. Someone with more experience and may understand what it is I'm going through.. I'm not entirely sure, though. I'll have to ponder that one a little more.

Thank you for the suggestion of meditation, though. I will definately look into that particular path.

posted : 2004.Nov.15 @ 1.57am
greetings to the vibe.
a gift to each of us caught in the cosmic trap:

phong.com/mp3/alan_watts/

posted : 2004.Nov.15 @ 10.44am
thanks Phong! so far, so fun. listening now.

posted : 2004.Nov.15 @ 10.50am
Many thanks for setting that up, Phongster.
Great stuff. Would be good in an ambient mix with just a hint of echo on it. Very Happy

posted : 2004.Nov.15 @ 1.01pm
So far they are rather interesting, thanks!

I've had to make myself listen to them twice now (I've only had chance to listen to a couple thus far)... verbal learning has always been one of my weakest points. Though I do sometimes find myself listening in rapt awe to the sound of his voice. It's like can't hear the words, but his voice is very enticing.

I'm going to see what I can find in the way of written material by this gentleman. ^_^

posted : 2004.Nov.15 @ 4.53pm
Alan Watts speaks in alignment to the way things are, which is not always as we would like them to be. His words speak directly to the heart as though it were god himself speaking, words which simply imply the inversion of our cultural conditioning.

In this way, Watts directly administers the medicine we need to trascend our tensions.

His master work would be:
The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
http://users.compaqnet.be/cn111132/watts/the_book.htm

" This book explores an unrecognized but mighty taboo--our tacit conspiracy to ignore who, or what, we really are. Briefly, the thesis is that the prevalent sensation of oneself as a separate ego enclosed in a bag of skin is a hallucination which accords neither with Western science nor with the experimental philosophy religions of the East--in particular the central and germinal Vedanta philosophy of Hinduism. This hallucination underlies the misuse of technology for the violent subjugation of man's natural environment and, consequently, its eventual destruction.

We are therefore in urgent need of a sense of our own existence which is in accord with the physical facts and which overcomes our feeling of alienation from the universe. For this purpose I have drawn on the insights of Vedanta, stating them, however, in a completely modern and Western style--so that this volume makes no attempt to be a textbook on or introduction to Vedanta in the ordinary sense. It is rather a cross-fertilization of Western science with an Eastern intuition. "

posted : 2004.Nov.15 @ 6.31pm
if you havenít already worked on a lot of these concepts on your own, listening to Allen Watts is almost cheating.

posted : 2004.Nov.15 @ 8.22pm
there was a time when i helped a friend of a friend move. he was a revered Anishinabe Native American elder named Hollis Littlecreek. i was meeting him for the first time. i had an entire day with him to myself. i was tongue tied all day. i couldnít form a question to ask him. he was silent most of the day. he wouldnít volunteer information. he would only answer questions. i donít know if his presence made me star struck, or if i was intimidated. it took a while to break the ice with him, and start a real dialogue. trying to come up with questions of my own for this group brings me back to that time.

on a side note, i can not stress enough how significant a part Hollis played in my life. i was looking on line for the proper spelling for Anishinabe. i was trying different combos with no luck. i suck at spelling. i decided to try Hollis' name, and see if anything came up. to my surprise a lot turned up. one of the things i found was a picture of him. this little web search has bought up tons of emotion. Hollis passed on in 1999. it is nice to see that many people have posted tributes and references to this good friend and teacher.

Hollis

1, 2, 3  next »   post reply
phpBB