memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
1, 2, 3, 4  next »   post reply
index « babble « Who Voted??

posted : 2004.Nov.02 @ 11.44am
Inspired by Air's email this morning.. anyone else?

posted : 2004.Nov.02 @ 12.03pm

thnx, spence.

posted : 2004.Nov.02 @ 6.09pm
*ahem* Webcammy goodness.. <_< >_>

I couldn't vote for obvious reasons...

posted : 2004.Nov.02 @ 6.41pm
Vibestress!

You Canadians kick butt. One of my buddies from TO told me you guys should be able to vote in our election too.

I agree.

posted : 2004.Nov.03 @ 12.44am
so who's moving to alaska?
:weedman:

posted : 2004.Nov.03 @ 9.16am
New Zealand

posted : 2004.Nov.03 @ 9.23am
so what is everyone doing to keep from feeling hopelessly discouraged?

posted : 2004.Nov.03 @ 9.55am
Focusing on all the work that needs to be done. Paying attention, voting in the future, keeping informed, not giving in to negative feelings that will drain my energy and unbalance my chi given the chance. It's perfectly healthy to continue to discuss and inform on political topics and if we do so we can make a one stop uberthread over in babble to keep it from spilling everywhere.

Giving in to bitterness or fruitless complaining seems like unresponcible behavior for a neohuman. I therefore I shall continue to manifest a podular paradigm and share the goodness with as many as possible. Build and strengthen the tribe, network with other communities and in this way remove ourselves as much as possible from the path of the Corporate War Machine. I'm not a change the world activist type but I feel that with enough people manifesting whatever it is they call pod, change will come.

...or all of this is eternal and the pattern will go on like this forever as it has throughout our entire exisitence, both gross and subtle interlocked in an endless fractal of ISness. In which case it behooves us to be content now... in this moment, hinging our contentment on nothing and thus freeing ourselves from fear based emotions and their harmful effects.

posted : 2004.Nov.03 @ 2.44pm
Beautifully articulated Air- there's nothing left to do but love the subtle vibe in the wake of this grossness.

Bush was re-elected by a majority of 45+ year old people who watch CNN and beleive in his 'traditional values'. There is nothing there. It is an eternal black hole, ignorance. Some form of empire state will continue to arise as long as there is a shadow this large.

Whether Kerry is president, or Bush is president... it doesn't change the traditional values which the gross structure of this country balances upon- manufacuring tools of destruction, and using them to attack and consume the nutrients of others. Like a lion, no matter if a compassionate shaman takes control of the animal's motor coordination, it is still composed of millions of hungry cells, with an insatiable greed which will continue to attack other animals, and get injured doing so.

It is like the people who compose it. There are some countries which are largely vegetarian. They live simple lives, growing rice, and tending to the holy cows, focusing on the primordial challenges of being human.

America is quite a different beast, which locks up millions of genetically modified cows, pigs and chickens in terrible conditions, hops them up on drugs so they don't die, then shoots or electricutes them to death, and fries their measly diseased flesh in hot oil, then eats it greedily in a sterile environment plastered with corporate propoganda, resulting in a variety of dieases, which are prolonged by hooking themselves up to expensive drugs and machines until they die, one cell at a time, surrounded by confused and crying people, with machines sticking into every orfice of their bodies.

This is the gross america which re-elects the George Bush monarchy for president.
Change can only come by compassionately sharing the eternal light with the individuals suffering in this system- by propogating the podular paradigm!

Voting for president is good, the president has the power to take a step in the right direction for millions of others, though it only happens once in every 1200+ days. Though we vote, everyday, with our money. money is our power. if we buy only from organizations which are responsible citizens, not likely to puppet the politcal system and destroy the earth, companies run by people who respect life and do their best to protect it- then you are manifesting their systems with yout work energy.

We collectively create these companies support their paradigm with our work, and by buying their products... this is how we vote every day.
...the pod way. Smile

It's all love- so spread the light into this dark shadow and show your suffering fellows that the world isn't so nasty that they'd need to elect a tyrant to protect them. Then perhaps in 4 years more people will be ready to wake up and smell the rich beany taste of life.

Mmmmmm, beans.

posted : 2004.Nov.03 @ 5.38pm
I've been doing art all day long. Not working at all. Just doing whatever felt right. Seems to help quite a bit actually.

There's a storm hammering at my window right now and everything is wet and dark.

More art needed.

On another note:
Our good buddies at Eyerus has something so sweet for today....
Alas... it was not meant to be.
http://www.eyerus.com/notTHIStime/

posted : 2004.Nov.03 @ 11.18pm
Well fucking said, AIR. (can I reprint a portion?)

posted : 2004.Nov.04 @ 2.43pm
http://www.lpnc.org/

representing.

posted : 2004.Nov.04 @ 7.03pm
true, AIR! no complaining!!!
... apparently America needs Bush for 4 more years to deeper realize itself and find truth in the hearts of it's people. We do get to accept these kind's of realities throughout the history and very recent too - Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Bush - they are all the other side of LOVE - they are FEAR!!! They use FEAR differently, but the result seems to be the same: they succeed for a while. But during this "while" new consciousness grows and becomes strong power, that one day takes over the ignorant world and puts everything in the right perspective... All we must do is continue to grow stronger and voice out not our frustration but our opinion, so our country and the rest of the world could see that there is a way to unite us all in peaceful existence.

from European News:

Election interest in Europe was intense, as was the disappointment many felt over Bush's victory. Some saw it as proof that Europe and the United States are farther apart than ever.

"There is a major and lasting lack of understanding between the American people and the rest of the world, in both directions," said Hubert Vedrine, a former French foreign minister. "Almost all nations, with perhaps three or four exceptions, wanted change."

Others worried that Bush, strengthened by a bigger win than in 2000 and backed by a Republican Congress, would turn a deaf ear to world concerns.

phong's description of the beast called America is unfortunately so very true...

1, 2, 3, 4  next »   post reply
phpBB