memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
index « babble « Introductions

posted : 2004.Oct.18 @ 8.50pm
Greetings pod dwellers.

I'd like to introduce you to a couple of friends.

In 1999 I was asked to become an instructor for the California State Summer School for the Arts.
This is a month long, live in program for gifted high school students, held at the California Instutitue of the Arts in Valencia.
Ever since, I have spent my summers teaching classes in composition, music theory and music technology.

In my first class were these two very talented kids, Marc and Dzuy.

Marc has gone on to major in classical guitar at UCLA and create amazing interactive computer music programs.
Dzuy is now my teacher assistant and is studying music technology at Cal-Arts.

I have invited them both to join the pod, so say hello if you run into them.

Thanks,

Rychard

posted : 2004.Oct.18 @ 11.42pm
A definate welcome to both!

I haven't yet had a chance to listen to Marc's music and am currently headphoneless.. but I have listened to Dzuy's and totally dig it. *smiles* Warm fuzzy floaty feelings all around for those tunes. (I'm just too shy to say welcome on a one on one level.. ahem.. >_>)

posted : 2004.Oct.19 @ 12.26pm
Welcome indeed.

Not only to the newest cells but to everyone.
The Fora is a small tribe not a large collection of strangers.
Say hello to folks. Feel free to use this thread to do it.
Welcome back to those in wider orbits, drop in anytime.

Thank you all for your energy and inspiration.

posted : 2004.Oct.20 @ 12.12am
Thanks for the intro Rychard Smile. Hello to everyone and thanks for the invite. I'll be around. =]

posted : 2004.Oct.20 @ 3.00pm
What dzuy said.

:]

posted : 2004.Nov.11 @ 3.50pm
hello all
I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Erik aka le barb. I look forward to getting to know all of you and your talents. I moved to Mobile Alabama from LA a few months back and find it rather boring here so I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of me as time goes on. I also wanted to say that I think you all are really great at what you do and am glad to be a part of this fora.
e-

posted : 2004.Nov.12 @ 5.06am
Hellooooo le barb!

I lived in Huntsville, Alabama for one year when I was 10. The wonderful thing I remember is how green it was. Very pretty.
Looking forward to seeing what you like to do/how you express yourself through art.

Welcome to the Pod/Fora!
Sahar

posted : 2005.Jan.02 @ 5.30pm
Thank you for the welcome Sahar. Alabama is a trip but you're right it's very green and can be quite beautiful. I live just off of river du chien which is really pretty, I'll try and post some pics. I've been having loads computer problems for the last month which is why I haven't been posting Sad but I think things are cool now.

posted : 2005.Jan.04 @ 7.21pm
Pray PLEASE post some alabama pics, you sent me some a while ago and they were dope.
I bet you can get some awesome macros out on the bayou....

phpBB