memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
index « babble « Hello Everyone

posted : 2006.Jul.24 @ 8.37pm
Hi there,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Carlos (Sargantana), I live in Cambridge UK and I am a guitarist turned generative musician .

I have been using generative software for several years now following an accident involving a car door and my left hand which left me unable to play guitar for a couple of years, and so I decided to take a look at some of the cheap and often free software available on the internet with the intention of at least being able to do something.

As it turns out I found this method very much to my liking and have written much material of varying styles over the last five years or so - fusion under the name "Cielos Fragiles", and live loop-based ambient electronica as "Adolph Minogue", and this music can be found at soundclick.com should anyone like to listen to the work so far (it's all free :0).
The beauty of writing in this manner is the speed at which a composition will evolve, and usually the tunes are completed in just a few hours, seldom taking more than a day or two to evolve from original source material into the strange pieces they form today.

I have also been involved off and on over the last couple of years with the "X-Wheel Of Fortune" range of algorithmic VSTi's as a beta tester and patch designer, so anyone interested in exploring these remarkable machines please feel free to have a chat!

I also dabble wih fractal art - I used to be involved with doing lightshows at raves/clubs several years ago, and have just opened a small gallery online at http://fractalweb.sargantana.co.uk/ so please do drop in and tell me your impressions.

Anyway, nice to meet you!

Cheers,

Carlos.

phpBB