memberlist memberlist search search profile profile login to read bytes login to read bytes log in log in
index « audial « New Song

posted : 2005.May.18 @ 4.34pm
I figured I'd put this into a new thread, because it's not really a slice of a beat, but the whole thing. No name yet, if you guys have any ideas it would really help. This is the first fully produced song i've made with reason.

--Untitled Track

posted : 2005.May.21 @ 6.03am
Cool song, I like.
I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it has a real Flaming Lips quality to it that i
really enjoyed. And the Harmonica reminded me of No cars Go by the The Arcade Fire
in a good way. The Third change up in the song was also nice and refreshing.
I don't think i could really help you out with a name, but with the flaming lip vibe I'm getting from it
I will call it Mysterious Crystalis. Haha!
Great job!

slk

posted : 2005.May.22 @ 8.42am
That is one sparse meandering verbed guitar track from perfection!
I really dig that one. The evolution of your songs progresses nicely.
That would be a great piece for a motion reel.

Silk is right about the title. Cheers

posted : 2005.May.24 @ 11.57am
Mysterious Crystalis it is then Dancing

*I think i'm going to gently fix some of the levels on this track, i'm seeing some things now that i feel need to be accentuated.

posted : 2005.May.24 @ 1.23pm
I think it gels really well as a track. Cheers Silk's title is pretty fitting as well.

posted : 2005.May.24 @ 6.26pm
"The evolution of your songs progresses nicely"
...I agree with air. Smile
As for the levels, I am a beat junkie so I would like to hear more EQ on the drum and a little highpass filter on the lead to bring it more to the backround.

posted : 2005.May.24 @ 8.16pm
There are parts that split off into two harmonizing synths panned opposites--i matched the levels, but now i realize one is a little harder than the other, doesn't blend well. And yeah i agree the drums were kind of weak so i put them in the back.

One of the things that is frustrating to me with Reason, in comparison to using in FL, is working with a drum machine that shows the outputs of each drumtrack on a single 16 beat line. I realize thats what a traditional drum machine looks like, but it seems more usable to have a seperate 16 line light-up pad for each of the seperate drumtracks so you can see how the beats line up next to eachother. I realize that i can copy the patterns to track and look at them in Reason's sequencer, but that is unweldy way for playing with drums. I much prefer fruity loops pattern sequencer, its much easier to visually realize how the whole beat is progressing.

posted : 2005.May.24 @ 10.11pm
nice Cheers
dig it in the pod radio.

posted : 2005.May.25 @ 12.14am
using reason's sequencer shouldn't be much different from FL's pattern since it gives you the visual organization you want. i prefer reason's sequencer (over redrum) because it gives you much more control over beat divisions and rhythms smaller than 16th notes. then you can highlight the entire pattern and group it together for easier sequencing (when you group something it adds a colored box around it and you can move them around in bunches). i feel that is also better visually than programming everything in the drum machine and then later sequencing the patterns in the sequencer. and again it's good visually for when you automate some of the redrum knobs to see it correspond with the drum pattern.

-m

posted : 2005.May.27 @ 11.05am
new new song!

>>House Thunder

Edit: Remixed/Mastered

phpBB