Thanks again. Here's number two!
This one was even more blissy to work on as I seeme to have
found a flow with the paints again for the first time in a many moons.
Pencil first then on to brown and gray markers for a subtle evolotion and then to raw umber acrylics, sometimes mixed with a bit of ivory black.
At this point I got the idea to use another piece of bark as a cap
to the stem I seemed to be painting on and a mushroom was born.
Then more black in the umber to cut in shapes followed by mixing in white to pop them out some.
I decided the cap should be red so obviously the eyes had to match!
Then I finished up the cap, added the ring (annulus)
and cut the extra bark off the top and attached the cap.
The bark pieces are rounded, nowhere near flat, so each photo differs depending on the angle.